A heartwarming story about the Technos Axcel

I just spotted this nice comment on my Engadget story about the Technos Axcel: Gocy writes: "I used to have a friend in the eighties that had one of these things, he was 17 and he had a fairlight II as well. He was the shadiest m.f. I've met and his fairlight used to crash all the time. Never knew how he got the cash. I remember this was like an astromic sum of 15,000 USD or more. I heard he got put in jail later for trying to stealing his own fairlight in some insurance scam. I remeber him trying to show me how the Acxel converted a sampled sound to synthes and it came out completly different or can I say turd like."


Comments:
I love LED glow much more than LCD glow. LED's are pure, punchy, and far more high-tech than LCD's, what with their cold cathode back and filtration concept. One must not filter purity, one must emit purity. Or not. Whatever. I love the concept of the touch panel interface. I was thinking though, re: Lemur, that one could just buy a Tablet PC and write up some software to do that sort of thing (if the tablet PC had multi-touch sensors).
 
CanĀ“t tell you enough how I enjoyed your site!! Thanks

TJ
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Music Thing on Twitter
    follow MT on Twitter

    Music Thing Hits:
    Music Thing Heroes:
    Music Thing Friends:
    My music gear for sale
    DIY Modular Synth
    Matrix Synth
    Create Digital Music
    Analog Industries
    Boing Boing Gadgets
    London Video Production
    Oddstrument
    Wire to the Ear
    Palm Sounds
    Noise Addicts
    Retro Thing
    Analogue Haven
    Music Thing Massive
    About Music Thing:
    Send tips to Music Thing
    About this site
    Music Thing Massive
    RSS Feeds


    Problem with the ads?
    Please let me know