4/10/2005

'Le Cybersongosse' modular synth for kids

André writes: "I'm a French reader of your blog and I found him every time so interesting and so astonish." Which is the nicest thing anyone's ever said about MT. He brings news of 'Le Cybersongosse', a fantastically psychedelic music machine for teaching recording and synthesis to schoolchildren. I think it looks like a cross between between Sly Stone's organ, a Buchla 200e and Jörgen Bergfors' incredible DIY modular. This PDF leaflet explains everything. It's a hardware interface to MAX/MSP software running on a G5. If this is what passes for education in French schools, it's no wonder Daft Punk sound like they do.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 pm

    That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:02 am

    Absolutely man. This makes me proud to have vague french heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd gig with it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:34 pm

    How can I get one???? Are they for sale??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:35 pm

    please post back info if you know

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMFG

    Santa please put one in my stocking!

    MT can you please put a "Buy it now" button on your home page!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't care what that thing is, I want it now.

    It's so happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:08 am

    Whoah, before you said interface to G5 and Max, I thought this would be the next big thing for indie rockers (un?)ironically reaching back to childhood. Like you'd play it with your My Little Pony T-shirt on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:06 am

    Someone needs to pair this up with one of those humongous "Educational model" Korg MS-20s...that thing looks like a Buchla on acid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:31 pm

    Actually this is about ten times as educational as anything I ever did in school, because I know I'd remember it now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:16 am

    WOW! I'm gear horny! What's the price? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:02 am

    you could get here a circuit bent something or other that only has buttons. ??? a lot of those things have built-in speakers.

    or one of those cheapo yamaha drum pad things? some wierdly tuned bongos?

    too bad roland mc-303's dont have built in speakers..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.