OMG!


This great video from my new all-time favourite synth blog ever: Chip Collection.


Comments:
This is from a rerun of Germany's 80s pop music tv show "Formel Eins".
This is not a real promotional video but most likely a production for this show only. They used to be quite creative in stage design back then.
 
It's brilliant! What could be better than model trains with real smoke...
 
thats a great song, puts a lot of modern stuff to shame, yeah its cheesy but it has a nice feel to it, I can imagine some DJ doing a dance mix of it and having a big hit
 
Thats P Lion, and the track was produced by Davide Zambelli, it was quite a big hit in the mid 80's, don't knock it as lots of ppl were influenced by this type of stuff.
Listen to Air and tell me you can't hear the influence.

http://www.italo-disco.net/html/interviews/iP.Lion.html
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgFakihQ20&mode=related&search=

full version for all the true believers :)

Go P Lion!
 
And there is love for this sort of 80's synth music? It is wonderful that the world is filled with so much variety and that people like this sort of stuff...I suppose. More power to ya.
I like the Kitch of the video...still can't get my head around 80's synth pop, though.
 
Sounds an awefull lot like 'Savage' around the same time ;- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2zvlSCh-rE

80's synth pop was cool.

Paul
 
Off topic: I once put a couple of those pills that produce the toy trains's smoke up my nose, hoping I could breath smoke like a dragon. It didn't work, and I couldn't get them back out again.
 
Nice! Trains and tunnels and yer sexyloverlady conductor. Not much imagination required! Oh, and was that a Jupiter 6 he was 'playing'?
 
80s synth pop is cool...it is the whole styling that goes with it that sucks!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMBvnPX3BK4
 
definetly not a jupiter 6 as mine doesn't have all that colour on the top row - might be a jupiter 8?

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jup8.shtml
 
Definately a Jupiter 8. Makes my Juno 106 look like a kids toy....a kids toy with MIDI : ) Long live 80's synth cheese!
 
for your ( euro 4000 + ) jupiter 8 go to: http://stores.ebay.nl/knobexploit-music-machines

and for cheesy great synth pop join the www.cybernetic-broadcasting.net , great streams and forum !
 
The CBS is the real McCoy
Snub it at your own loss...
 
Merry Christmas, music thing.


I can play Jingle Bells on my Concertmate-470, without the chords.
 
Model trains. Synths. I think I just had an orgasm.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Music Thing on Twitter
    follow MT on Twitter

    Music Thing Hits:
    Music Thing Heroes:
    Music Thing Friends:
    My music gear for sale
    DIY Modular Synth
    Matrix Synth
    Create Digital Music
    Analog Industries
    Boing Boing Gadgets
    London Video Production
    Oddstrument
    Wire to the Ear
    Palm Sounds
    Noise Addicts
    Retro Thing
    Analogue Haven
    Music Thing Massive
    About Music Thing:
    Send tips to Music Thing
    About this site
    Music Thing Massive
    RSS Feeds


    Problem with the ads?
    Please let me know